post study work & visa guidance


The United States has more than a thousand of accredited colleges and universities renowned for quality, numerous programs of study, and flexibility to change fields of study and schools. The wide range of tuition and living costs makes the United States affordable for hundreds of thousands of international students each year. Whichever region you choose, you’re sure to find the right campus for you. The main points to remember about studying in the USA are as follows:

  • Excellence: One of the highest selling points of American education is perhaps its worldwide reputation of commitment to excellence.
  • Research Opportunity and its Scope: If you are inclined toward academic research, the US is your perfect choice for higher education. You can get the opportunity to earn while you learn, when you enrol into an MS/PhD program. Your research grant will help support your personal needs by waiving your tuition and providing you with a stipend.
  • Flexibility: You will soon discover that the education system in the US is a lot different from your home country. The US education system offers a kind of flexibility in terms of the courses that are offered, which enables you select your choice of subject from a variety of topics. You can now specialize in the area of your choice without having to take any unnecessary classes.
  • Financial Support and Scholarship: Availability of financial aid is another major incentive for international students to opt for higher education in the US. Most universities offer its students grants, loans and stipends to cover their daily expenses as well as tuition in some cases. University assistantship is provided on the basis of merit rather than financial need.
  • Lucrative Job Opportunities: On completion of your degree, you are legally authorized to work in the US in your related field for about a year. You need to apply for Optional Practical Training Employment Authorization (OPT). Most international students get inducted into the company that hires them during their OPT period, by sponsoring their H1-B or work visa.
  • Support Services for International Students: U.S. universities welcome international students for pursuing higher education in USA and have support systems to help students adjust comfortably to life in the U.S.
  • Campus Life: U.S. universities offer a diverse choice of academic, cultural and athletic activities to choose from which not only enrich the educational experience but also help students make new friends and become global citizens. Your university may also have a cricket team in addition to fraternities, regional and ethnic clubs.

Top Universities


    • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
    • Harvard University
    • Stanford University
    • Yale University
    • University of Chicago
    • California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
    • Princeton University
    • University of Pennsylvania
    • Columbia University
    • Cornell University
    • Johns Hopkins University
    • University of Michigan
    • Duke University
    • University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
    • Northwestern University
    • University of Wisconsin-Madison
    • University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
    • New York University (NYU)
    • Brown University
    • University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
    • University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    • Carnegie Mellon University
    • University of Washington
    • University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
    • University of Texas at Austin


The cost of education in USA varies from state to state, type of university and course of study. Universities in US are divided into two categories: Public/ State Institutions and Private Institutions. 
Education Cost ranges from $10,000 to $55,000 per year

  • Undergraduate Degree- $15,000 to $ 25,000 per year
  • Graduate Degree- $10,000 to 35,000 per year

 The cost of education in States is high for MBA and Medicine courses in comparison to engineering courses.

Accommodation Cost

Accommodation cost ranges from $3000 to $8000 per year, again it varies from Individual to Individual from state to state.  Accommodation includes food, local transport, telephone, electricity and entertainment etc. 


In US scholarships and financial aid-fee waivers that are awarded to International Students are Merit / Need based.  Other criteria are on basis of good performances in Academics and extracurricular awards and achievements.

Job Opportunities

International students can take up on-campus jobs they are allowed to work 20 hrs per week during semester (on campus). On campus jobs may include teaching assistantship or research assistantship. With this, a student can also do internship in the related field which may be paid. During vacation the student is allowed to work for 40 hrs per week. On completion of the course, student is allowed to work for 1year popularly known as OPT (optional practical training). Students with certain degrees are allowed to work for 29 months. On completion of their OPT; the student can later apply for work on a H1 B visa (work permit visa).

While Under F-1 visa status, students have two options for working in the USA. Students are eligible for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) after 9 months of study and can work full time or part time during vacation periods at a job or Internship which is directly tied to or required by a course they are taking. Optional Practical Training (OPT) allows for 18 months of paid work following completion of the intended course. This work must be directly related to the student’s field of study and the student must have completed a minimum of 9 months of study.


1. Can I work Part Time while studying?

Yes, 20 hours per week when the course is in session and fulltime during vacations.

2. Is there a Post study work option?
Yes, While Under F-1 visa status, students have two options for working in the USA. Students are eligible for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) after 9 months of study and can work full time or part time during vacation periods at a job or Internship which is directly tied to or required by a course they are taking. Optional Practical Training (OPT) allows for 18 months of paid work following competitions of course. This work must be directly related to the student’s field of study and the student must have completed a minimum of 9 months of study.

3. What are the general entry requirements for Universities?


More than 80% in 12th standard
SAT 1- 1300 to 1800 for undergraduate admissions
IELTS or TOEFL (IELTS-6.5 overall & TOELF-85 and above IBT)


More than 60% in Undergraduate
GMAT scores ranging between- 500-650 
GRE scores ranging between- 280-310
For masters students must have complted-16years of Education (10+2+4)
For full time MBA, full time work experience required between 2-4 years after Bachelors
IELTS or TOEFL (IELTS-6.5 / 7.0 overall & TOELF-88 and above IBT)

4. When should I start the application process?
It is advisable to start an application process minimum of 5-7 months in advance

5. When do I need to pay my Application fees?
You need to pay your fees before applying for I20.

6. What are the possibilities of getting a scholarship? How do I apply for them?
The counselors at will be able to guide you about the same.

7. What are the intakes in USA?

  • Spring- January / February
  • Fall- August / September
  • Summer- April / May
  • Winter- December


I was fortunate enough to walk straight up to and get everything done under one roof. In a few minutes I was convinced that I am in good hands. Thanks Sir.
Rohith, John Hopkins University 

Mr. Kapil Chandok was extremely supportive and took lot of load off my shoulder and prepared me for the post admission process. 
Jaya Prakash, Cornell University

Mr. Kapil Chandok and team are very experienced professionals; they sorted out all my problems by getting me admission in USA’s leading institute. 
Meenakshi Arora, Georgia Insitute of Technology


Universities across USA offer education in many fields and also give you opportunity to study in the world’s best institutions.

  • Arts & Design
  • Business Administration
  • Finance & Economics
  • Engineering
  • Fashion & Textile
  • Hotel Management, Culinary/Pastry/Cookery
  • Information Technology
  • Management & Commerce
  • Physical Education and Sports
  • Psychology, Counseling and Social Sciences
  • Research, PHD
  • Medical, Nursing, Pharmacy & Health
  • Mass Communication
  • Advertising  & Communication
  • Chef Program
  • Education
  • Environmental Science
  • Finance & Commerce
  • Informatics and Business Systems
  • Law
  • Dentistry & Health
  • Politics and Policy
  • Tourism
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports Management
  • Public Administration


The United States welcomes foreign citizens who come to the U.S. to study. Before applying for a visa, all student visa applicants are required to be accepted and approved by their school or program. Once accepted, educational institutions will provide each applicant the necessary approval documentation to be submitted when applying for a student visa. Students can apply within 120 days from the start date of I-20 and can travel within 30 days from the start date of I-20.

Visa Descriptions & Qualifications

F-1 visa: -
This is the most common type of student visa. If you wish to engage in academic studies in the United States at an approved school, such as an accredited U.S. college or university, private secondary school, or approved English language program then you need an F-1 visa. You will also need an F-1 visa if your course of study is more than 18 hours a week.

M-1 visa: -
If you plan engage in non-academic or vocational study or training at a U.S. institution then you need an M-1 visa.

Entry Criteria For Masters Program
• US generally required 16 years of education (12+4).
• Academic Percentage: 58% and above with minimum backlogs.
• Acceptable scores of Standardized Tests: GRE : 300+, GMAT : 500+, TOEFL : 79, IELTS : 6.5 overall bands.
• Other factors that are looked into are the extracurricular activities that the student has been involved in, the research that the student has done in his particular subject. His documents such as Resume, Letters of recommendation & Statement of Purpose are also very crucial and have to be drafted very effectively

• 15 (12+3) years are also acceptable for some of the Universities if the Institution in India is NAAC “A” Accredited. (National Assessment & Accreditation Council).
• 3 years of bachelor’s degree acceptable for admissions into Masters for Computer Science, Biology, MBA & Public Health courses & in other programs through Pathway with few Universities.
• Admissions without GRE/GMAT scores possible with few universities.
• Students with less TOEFL / IELTS can get admission through pathway or English as Second language program.

Standardized Exams: - GMAT /TOEFL /IELTS /PTE for MBA
GRE, TOEFL/IELTS/PTE for All Masters Courses
SAT / ACT, SAT SUBJECT, TOEFL /IELTS for Bachelors Courses
Intakes: Fall (September) , Spring (January) & Summer (May)

Visa requirements for the USA
Applying for visas is often seen as complicated, but IJEC counsellors are experts in guiding students through the application process. Here is some information on applying for student visas in the USA.

F-1 visa (USA student visa)
The F-1 visa (Academic Student) allows an individual to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university or other academic institution. A student must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma or certificate and the school must be authorised by the US government to accept international students.

Steps for applying for a USA student visa
The visa application process starts with the receipt of an I-20. The I-20 confirms a student’s acceptance and enrolment at a university or other educational institution.
Infant Jesus Will help will help you from start to finish, providing assistance in organizing documents, completing the forms, and preparing you for the interview with the visa officer at the USA Embassy.

B1 /B2 Visitor Visas

The B-1/B-2 visitor visa is for people traveling to the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2). Generally, the B-1 visa is for travelers consulting with business associates, attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions/conferences, settling an estate or negotiating contracts. The B-2 visa is for travel that is recreational in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature. Often, the B-1 and B-2 visas are combined and issued as one visa: the B-1/B-2.

Our Successful visit visa candidates
1. Mrs. Athota Jyothi
2. Mr. Kompalli Ravi Babu
3. Mrs. Kosuri Sai Suseela
4. Mrs P Vanaja Kumari
5. Mrs. K. Vijaya Rani
6. Mr. K. Rayappu Reddy
7. Mr. Emmanuel
8. Miss Kompalli Swapna
9. Mr. Raja Reddy
10. Mrs. Lucy mary
11. Mrs Guna Bertha
12. Mr. Nagabhushanam
13. Mrs. Siddani jayamma
14. Mrs. Sundari
15. Mrs. Siripurapu Sachi
*If you have query regarding USA F-1 student visa Take our services and access your eligibility for this visa. For further details please contact us*